RESTRUCTURING AND EXTENSION OF THE HEADQUARTERS OF HERA S.P.A. [FORLI’], FOR THE UNIFICATION OF THE ORGANIC-INORGANIC AND EMISSION/DIOXIN ANALYSIS LABORATORIES AND THE REALIZATION OF THE NEW REMOTE CONTROL CENTER – 1ST PART STRUCTURES AND 2ND PART FINISHING AND PLANTS
Activity carried out by S.T.E.I. Studio Associato (of the associates Mr. M. Franceschini and Mr. P. Semproli, now partners and administrators of Teleios Srl)
CLIENT: HERA Spa – BOLOGNA – MULTIUTILITY FOR ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (waste collection and treatment), ENERGY (distribution and sale of electricity and gas) and WATER (aqueduct, sewerage and purification)
SERVICES PERFORMED: feasibility, preliminary, definitive, executive, DL and safety, civil, structural, mechanical systems of heating, cooling, air treatment, water and sanitary systems, electrical systems of lighting, power, safety and special.
AMOUNT OF WORKS: €638,000 (I part) – €2,508,500 (II part)
BEGINNING/END OF WORKS: 2006/2008
External view of the building Telecontrollo Hera S.p.a. – Forlì
Entrance view of Telecontrollo Hera S.p.a. building – Forlì
The design process was born from two fundamental needs of the client Hera S.p.A.:
1. The settlement and unification of research and analysis laboratories.
2. Centralization of the activity of remote control of its networks extended on the regional territory.
I SECTION – STRUCTURAL WORKS
It involved the design of internal structural works including a metal deck of about 730 square meters and an elevated portion of about 110 square meters. The structural conception that has driven the choices has been to create seismic-resistant elements in metal structure with frame schemes to complete restoration of continuity also able to cope with static loads applied on important lights in order to interfere as little as possible with the architectural layout. The choice of the profiles has been conditioned by the respect of the limit states of damage and of the limit states of exercise. In order to protect against hammering phenomena, the new structures are appropriately spaced from the existing ones. Regarding the foundations it has been opted for the deep type on micropiles in order not to interfere on the existing foundations.
II SECTION – BUILDING FINISHING AND PLANT WORKS
The 2nd part of the works is related to the building finishing and plant works that brings to completion the work through the construction of the remote control room, its CED and services in addition to new laboratories. The remote control room, about 400 square meters, occupies a double volume extending for the entire height of the shed because of the presence of the large video wall. The remote control room and its CED representing the new regional pole remote control networks and systems (the largest in Italy and among the most advanced in Europe) and is characterized by fine finishing elements. The systems realized at the service of laboratories and related services consisted of:
- Mechanical systems: mechanical ventilation system consisting of a system of extractors serving the laboratory hoods and a system for the reintegration of extracted air, new fan coil air conditioning system, creation of central and peripheral infrastructures for the production of thermo-cooling energy, new storage and distribution system for gases and technical fluids necessary for the activity;
- Electrical systems: new switchboards to serve the project systems, new distribution systems and connection of utilities, counters, hoods, etc., new lighting systems with equipment suitable for the visual task of the project and differentiated by intended use, emergency power production system, power lines, network switch;
- Special systems: local network with structured wiring, fire detection system, intrusion detection system, access control with its supervision system supported by the company computer network.
Videowall room Telecontrol